My Fitness Pal - Username: Flossykirk

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Universal Language

HHmmm, there are a couple of things that come to mind when I think of a universal language, but one stands out in my mind particularly after this weekend...

We were traveling back home yesterday and stopped to see my oldest son. He was in practice at the gym, so me and the kids stopped at McD's to run to the bathroom and kill a few minutes. THREE times while I was in there, someone SMILED at me. Not just a casual smile, but a TRUE SMILE!

It warmed my heart. I had to stop and think .... was there something going on in their lives for them to be so happy? Are they normally this friendly? Was my eye contact warm enough they felt secure in smiling at me? Did I have something on my face? Were they feeling sorry for me hustling thru there to get to the potty???

Who knows, but I can tell you one thing ... when someone smiles at you, your immediate reaction is to smile back. Why is that? Smiles are heartwarming, they are the giving of another's heart to you, they are an act of kindness, and like I mentioned, they are UNIVERSAL. You don't have to speak someone's native tongue to show them kindness. Just smile! They will know what it means and chances are, they will return it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.