My son is a team debater. I've seen him and his partner in action. They are good. Good isn't really the word. We went to Austin for state debate competition last March. I was impressed. I feel confident they will end up there again this year.
Last night he was telling us about his competition the day before. They had gone to the competition and his partner fell ill. I'm not sure if that took place before they left or during, but he was in a position he was unable to compete. My son decided to take on the other competitors solo ... called "Maverick". (yes, he's a bad-ass, I know!)
I believe he said it was his 3rd round he could not find any evidence against the team he was up against so he conceded the round. As he left, his teacher met him in the hallway. She said she needed to talk to him. Uh oh! He thought he was in trouble! He figured she would be mad about him conceding the round. I'm not really sure why she wasn't in there to witness it, but anyway...
He was like "Ok, why am I gonna be mad?" She said that his record was 2-0, and he had been disqualified as a "maverick" ... and why? Because all the other teams were griping and complaining that he was WHOOPING THEM ALL SOLO .............. yes, I'll say it again, my boy is a bad-ass !!!!! :) They didn't like the fact that he was doing so well ALONE ... so they disqualified him. Not sure how they can do that, but it happened.
It just proves one thing to me ... he is STILL the epitome of excellence!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.