Yes, a subject that has always fascinated me ... ever since I was a small girl and heard some of my family talking about their experiences I have been fascinated. I never imagined I would have "experiences" to share.
It would probably take all night long to sit and blog about the things I have seen or experienced. I can truly say I am not ever surprised if and when something happens.
My interest thru my experiences has led me and my sister to Ghost Hunt at least once! As I said, neither of us are strangers to the weird stuff that can and does happen. Some of it I have not understood but are we really supposed to? I just find it interesting and even chilling at times.
A group of us girlfriends went on a ghost hunt in July 2007 to Lake Fort Phantom and got some really interesting photos. I would post them now but they are in FW and I'm not! Darn! Bad timing on the blogging, but I will get them on here and on myspace. There is one picture inparticular that is very interesting. I won't even tell you about it, I will just wait and post it and let it speak for itself. You will be chilled to the bone. I know I was. The picture was taken with a digital camera and there is not any mistake about what showed up in the picture! I guess I will have to wait to post the pictures and narrate them at the same time! You can look up ghost stories on Lake Fort Phantom in Abilene and read a little about it.
While we were there, we drove around the small town that my sister and I lived in with our parents when we first moved to Texas in 1987. That place was haunted for sure. The funny thing about it is that all 4 of us had experiences in that house and none of us talked about it until we had moved to Eastland 3 months later. My dad even told the landlady when we moved that he was only paying a half month's rent for the last 1/2 month that we lived in her HAUNTED house. She said she knew it was haunted! We are talking about doors slamming on their own, lights going on and off, doors locking and no matter what you do you can't unlock them. The house had an AWESOME kitchen in it ... 80 cabinets in it. I remember my sister and I counting because we could not believe just how many cabinets there were in our new huge house. It was just magnificent! Often we would go in the kitchen and some of the cabinets would be open. These would be cabinets near the top of the wall where we couldn't reach them just by standing there ... numerous times my sister heard silverware rattling around in the kitchen when no one was there. We had a horse barn out back and every single morning the wire that dad used to keep the gate shut was open. Mom and Dad said it was like whoever was inhabiting the house would go out the side door every morning and go to work out in the barn. I saw an apparition one night pass by my door ... Tall, fedora hat, trench coat, skinny frame ... it passed by heading to my sister's room but it always went one direction. I saw it several times in one night and never did it go back the way from which it came. My sister's light would come on in the middle of then night ... My mom and dad had some experiences that I can't even type out for fear that I might get details wrong, but to hear them tell the stories still creeps me out a little bit. Mom was locked in the bathroom one time and dad watched a green haze come out of the bathroom and go out the bedroom door..... Our wiennie dog freaked out all the time in the living room corner. I MEAN ALL THE TIME !!!! We later found out that a man had been murdered in the house and 2 weeks after we left the home it burned to the ground.
Fast forward to July 2007 - me and my sister and some girlfriends went to see if we could see the old place we had lived for such a short time. We went in the night and weren't quite certain if we had located the house. It was dark and well, naturally things change in 20 years. We decided to go back the next day and sure enough, there was the house! Wait, we thought it burned to the ground ???
There was an older man outside mowing the grass. We decided to go tell him we had lived there 20 years ago and without hestitation he asked if we would like to go in and see the house. Tears overwhelmed me when I walked in. You have to understand that ... we lived there the summer before my senior year. I had just left a multitude of friends (all of whom I am still very very close to still to this day!!!!) and the boyfriend I had been with for 5 years. It was a little devestating to say the least. Anyway ... we went thru the house and let me tell you something - that man rebuilt the house exactly as it was 20 years ago. It did not look like it had burned. We didn't dare ask him if he had any "experiences" in the house but we did enjoy the tour he and his wife gave us!
There is also a hotel in Mineral Wells that I want to go thru. It's called The Baker and I also have pictures of it.
I just found out tonight that there is a haunted mansion right close to the Ronald McDonald house in FW, too. We noticed it because it just has that "look" and saw brochures that said they had tours of it for $15 a person, but nothing about hauntings. I just saw that online tonight. I might go sit near it and take pictures at night! lol
There are also some things that have taken place here in my own house, even as recent as right before I ended up in the hospital. I will save all that for another day.
I know the jail/sheriff's office where I worked is haunted. Some freaky things happened in it just last night that Joe told me about. The dispatcher saw someone in a holding cell that wasn't there and then Joe saw it too. WE NEED TAPS HERE !!!!!!! That would be so awesome!
Anyway....that's just my ramblings about the paranormal. I just find it very interesting...guess it's for the element of the unknown or unexplainable.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.