My Fitness Pal - Username: Flossykirk

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Momma isn't ready...but it is here.

Tomorrow is coming in just a few hours. It's the day we make the trip to our daughter's future home...college.
Yes, registration is tomorrow. She's excited. I'm nervous.
This is my daughter that I have never had to hound to get up for school. She has been waking herself up, in plenty of time, for school since she was about 8 years old. It was nothing I forced upon her, so to speak. She was just always excited about going to school. This is also the same girl I have never had to hound about doing her laundry. She has always had it done. She loves to cook...so I've never had to worry there about her being able to feed herself.
I'm not worried about her survival at college so far away from home. I won't like that I won't see her often. I won't like that if she needs me I can't just "run over". I'm excited there will be friends if hers in the same town, attending other colleges, but still there.
She has grown up right before our eyes. It's hard to believe she's going to college. She has a serious boyfriend. She knows what she wants to do with her life. She's steadfast and true in her beliefs! When she was you get, around 11 years old, we were in a huge court battle with her father. Counselor evaluations were ordered. The counselor told me based on what the father and step mother had told her, that I was ruining my daughters life. She said by the time she was 14 she would be into drugs, promiscuity, says sing me horribly, and maybe even pregnant it a runaway!! I wish that counselor could see her now. Many if her friends from her youth already have babies. She isn't anything like the counselor predicted....mainly because she was fed lies about how I was/am with my daughter!
Anyway... We are excited for her and look forward to helping her start in this new journey in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.