My Fitness Pal - Username: Flossykirk

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Resiliency

I won't be stopped.  I don't care what is thrown at me and my family or what kicks me in the teeth or the gut, I will not be stopped.  We will not be stopped.  We will not be broken, shattered, torn, or otherwise.  It might be hard, it might be a lot of opposition, but I'm willing to fight the good fight of faith and never give in.  My daughter very narrowly escaped death today and for that, I am forever grateful.  I will never live for anyone or anything except the One who has given me life, new chances every single day, He has given me my children, and my family, and a never ending love that I do not even deserve.  He knows my weaknesses and He IS my strength ... I don't care what anyone else says about me - I'm a Christian and that's the end of that.  That doesn't mean I am perfect, it means I have a Savior who loves me enough to take all my shortcomings and failures and wear them as his own.

As I read today from a preacher I know....

"When a baptist preacher told me I was going to hell for using the word "ass" in an article I wrote, he really frothed at the mouth when I told him, "I say things like that to reach the lost and weed out the Pharisees."
~Kevin Weatherby

Christians who look at other Christians and expect them to be perfect are in the Pharisees category!  If that's you ... re-evaluate.

Life is precious, and while I have never had a doubt about the value of life (or how it is actually invaluable to me) I never ever expected to be a day that I got a call telling me my daughter had been in a wreck involving an 18-wheeler.  She is shaken up and going to be sore, but she's alive.  The enemy has thrown a multitude of things at me the last few months, but I will not be shaken.  I won't be moved.  I'm resilient.

And if you don't believe me, try me.....

End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.