My Fitness Pal - Username: Flossykirk

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, March 10, 2014

The Dream List ... and first on the list ...

Bring the hubby home....

I have lots of dreams.  I made a "dream list" so that I could keep them all in forefront of my mind.  We actually, as a couple, have a list of things we want to do and accomplish together, but this list is different.  These are my personal dreams, those things that I think on day and night, and as I stated, topping the list is to bring my husband home.

My man is good at what he does.  His name is on the lips of many big businessmen.  I'm not surprised, since he has been in this business for approximately 30 years.  He knows people.  He knows areas.  He knows a LOT.  But where he is working is too far from home.  He's been working away from home since July of last summer.  Way. Too. Long.  We knew that it would be temporary, and although the money is very good, it doesn't make up for the lost time from now until then.

He has worked hard being away from home.  He is never unreachable.  At any moments notice, he may have to get up in the middle of the night and go help an employee.  His phone never stops ringing.  Sometimes I feel I could do his job since I hear him on the phone so often.  (not really, but you get the idea!)  Some of what he does is dangerous, some of it boring, some of it annoying (babysitting employees is never fun) .... but the reason he even does it is for us.

It's so hard on a family for daddy to be gone.  He's usually only gone about 4 days of the week, then we get him for the rest, sometimes more, but still ... gone is gone.  It's not the same without him.  The kids need and love him so much.  I need and love him just as much.  We are all in constant contact though, whether it is texting, talking on the phone, sharing pictures, etc - we are in touch most of the day.

Now that my career is taking off, things can be adjusted and he can come home.  There are so many things in the works right now that I don't know which direction this is going to go - any of them could be wonderful.  We just have to trust God that he knows what he is doing!

I am so proud of the man that is one of my biggest blessings.  He has worked so hard to take care of this family, to put me through school (which isn't completely finished yet, only taking it milestone by milestone!), he has helped put one child through college, he is helping get the second one there, he nurtures and cares about the next child's musical dreams and helps facilitate those (where the biological father refuses to keep his word and help out with those dreams), and the baby ... well, there's a little bit of time left in him so we just enjoy him together and hang out at the park a lot with frisbees! :)

I'm so unbelievably proud of my hard-working man.  He is the best businessman I have ever seen and he makes me so proud to be his wife.  We both long for the days that we never have to part, we look forward to the times we go to sleep and wake in one another's arms without being sad that "this is the day until next time" ......... I know that dream will be a reality soon. This man ... there is none comparable to him.  He loves me and the kids with an untouchable love.  I've never known anything like it before.  To some, this dream might also seem untouchable, but I believe ... therefore, I will receive.

Sweet dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.