......is to run my first 5K!
I believe this will take place at the end of April.
The preparation is amazing. I never knew I had gotten so strong working out the past couple of years. I am training using the C25K program where you stagger your running and walking, which builds you up to the endurance for a 3.5 mile run over a period of 8 weeks. I tried this program about 10 years ago with my sister running the streets of Big Lake and wow, I thought I was going to die. Proudly, I will say this .... The first two weeks of this training have been AMAZING for me. It is such a feeling of accomplishment to have been able to run the first week with no problems. Yes, it hurt ... I get shin splints fairly easily. My hips hurt some, and my left heel is giving me problems, but nothing that orthotics can't assist with and help fix. But seriously ... I was reluctant to start the training because of my experience ten years ago with this. My sister, it seemed, ran circles around me. It seemed to take forever for the 25 minute run/walk. Now, it is NO PROBLEM. My cardio system has strengthened to a level I never imagined. Guess that's what hours and hours of Zumba will do for you! (and yeah, that hurts too!)
I threw myself into exercise and weight loss a few years ago because of the topsy-turvey way my life seemed to be going. Upset all the time because I was dealing with things that I should have never had to deal with, my health was not good from the stress, and my weight had gone back up quite a bit. It wasn't my all-time high, but it was too high and my blood pressure was showing the increase very well. I was also experiencing some physical illnesses that were difficult to overcome, and in fact, I did not even tell but maybe a couple of people. Still, no one knows. I came out a winner though, and I realize how precious life is, and how it doesn't need to be wasted on those that don't give a damn about you and would rather see you dead...... (one reason I didn't tell a few particular people, they would have wished me dead anyway!) BUT ... anyway, I lost quite a bit of weight eating well and working out about six days a week. I felt amazing, and even though I have put on some of the weight that I lost, I am still very strong and can do so much more than I ever thought I could do. I have had a lot of good trainers and friends who have helped me get things nutritionally correct and given me tips on working out. Now that I am finished with this portion of my school, I am hoping I will be able to make it to the gym more often now. Back in December, I lost 4% body fat in 30 days with only a 5 pound weight loss, but my inches were unbelievable!!! I know I can do this! I truly feel if I can do Zumba for two hours every Saturday, I can run a 5K!!!
Exercise really is a stress reliever for me! It brings much oxygen to my brain, and my muscles, and the endorphines that kick in are amazing. I truly feel that they are more amazing than any drug possibly could be. I don't know about the drugs, I'm just saying that I can't imagine anything making me feel THAT good. My thinking is clear, I laugh more, I rest better, I'm not as hungry, I don't crave the sweets, and I can't tell you the last time I had a Diet Dr Pepper!! I have sweet tea from time to time, but water is my main source of liquid intake! I eat a lot of protein and veggies. Fruit sometimes, but it contains a lot of sugar so I don't eat as much of that as I would like. So if you want to have a "hobby" or do something to aleviate the stress in your life (if you are one of those who carries a great deal of stress from work, or your relationship, etc) then MOVE YOUR BODY! It's not difficult! If you need/want help, give me a shout. I will do what I can to help you!
Here are a few encouraging photos ... If you are on the weight loss/get fit band wagon, don't stop, you can do it, just keep doing it EVERY SINGLE DAY that you are able. Eat for fuel, not for pleasure! I really really really love cake with buttercreme frosting, but I can't remember the last time I had any. My mouth still waters for it, but it's pleasurable, not for fuel! It's about lifestyle change..... Anyway, here are a few pictures of me at my heaviest and then down by 50 pounds! (It took me 5 months to lose it!)








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.