I am a writer, and this is a sample of what I love to do, but with all I have endured over the past decade, I have lost it somewhere .... I burned out. I just wanted to share this ... it's still an escape for me!
June 19, 2008 - Thursday
Strength
Current mood: enlightened
You ever get impatient with yourself and the things you walk thru daily? I certainly do. I think I should have much better control over my actions and my thoughts .... My thoughts lately would not glorify God in the least. Thoughts for pain to come to others, for their lives to be total shambles, for their minds to be so confused they can't get anything right ... yes, not a favorable mentality, but I have it most days. I have desired for the ones that hurt me to hurt 100 times worse than they ever made me hurt. I have a feeling that they do .... But that doesn't make those things right for me to think ...
Yet most days I fail at taking control of my thoughts, tho I pray for God to help me there ... then I start to questions - WHERE IS GOD? Where is HIS power in my life? Why am I facing these difficulties all the time?
Then it hit me this morning ... God is equipping me to strengthen me for tomorrow. He is showing me day by day that I can make it thru anything. Lord knows that much worse could come into my life ... how would I cope without being prepared ???
God's power is real. It is the hope within me that I can make it thru one more day. It is the faith within me that says God is alive and working in me. It is the knowledge of His word that says He is alive and working on my behalf .... working all the bad into good because I love him.
No burden is too big for the cross. No shame is too big for Jesus to wipe away. No sin is too big for God to cleanse us of it. It's all part of the strength that he imparts in us by allowing us to walk thru the muck every day ....
The more trials I face in my life, the more I realize I could never make it without my faith in God ....

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.