My Fitness Pal - Username: Flossykirk

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, September 25, 2009

Mean ... for the sake of being mean.

I can't get over how mean people are. I know tons of young girls that HATE this town because of how mean people are here. Now, don't get me wrong, not everyone in this town is mean, but I hear it a lot from my daughter and her friends, and from girls few years older, and then this morning, I heard it from my son ... I just wanted to cry. He didn't want me to comb his hair a certain way cuz some little mean ass girl makes fun of him. When he told me who she was, I was not surprised. Her parents have been in and out of jail and she has been tossed around. But still ... it doesn't take away the fact that she is only a little girl and I wanted to go kick her. WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO MEAN!!

Do they not have the love of God? Have they never been shown? It is so aggravating when your children do not even want to go to school because of the "mean" kids. Girls are the worst. They cut you like a knife. And we all know it's because they are only trying to feel better about themselves and that is the only way they know how. No one else has instilled self-worth into them, built their self-esteem, and obviously, taught them who God really is.

It bothers me to see teenagers want to run away from this town. They can't handle what others say about them, or what they do to them ... betrayal, etc ... and that is just no way to live. Is it just small towns? Are the smaller places filled with more drama? I tend to think so. When we were in Lake Worth, Robbi was soooo glad that there wasn't any drama. The kids were nice, they included each other in everything, she never came home upset that someone had done "this" or "that" or left her out of something. Maybe it's everywhere, but I tend to think that the smaller towns have it worse ... everyone knows your business and proudly broadcasts it to everyone else, and to me, that is just not right.

My mother taught me from a very early age to love everyone. This has been a blessing and a curse to me, but overall it has been a benefit to me because I am left with a clear conscience of how I treat people. Even people who might not deserve it, I still give them my heart and I have taught my children to do the same. I have taught my children to be "unforgettable" .... go out of your way to be different than everyone else, act in a manner that is not ritual for others (being nice!) ....

Last night we went to DQ and Robbi was in her cheer uniform, we had an hour to eat and get her to the game. She was telling us how some girls at school are mean to her and give her dirty looks because she made cheerleader this year. There are five cheerleaders and all the others returned except one, she didn't make it. Robbi said some of the other girls (who I thought were my daughter's friends, and who SHE thought were her friends) were telling others to not talk to Robbi because she "took XXXXXX's spot!!!" HELLO? Did they ALL not try out? Just makes me sick that my daughter, who has wanted to be a cheerleader all her life, has to go thru that junk. Jealousy seems to rule young girls these days .... and we wonder why some grow up to have horribly dysfunctional issues. No matter how many times I tell my beautiful daughter how gorgeous I think she is, she doesn't believe it ... but let an opposing cheerleader who doesn't know her at all tell her and she is smiling from ear to ear!

Just had to get this out this morning ... I am so tired of mean people. I deal with it enough from my ex who dreams up crap to gripe at me about and holds onto things that no longer matter, and like most of the young mean children, he fails to recognize anything as being his fault ... I know my own children aren't perfect and sometimes I wish they would let their "mean" selves out.

I pray Jesus will get ahold of these young kids in middle school and high school and break their hearts. It's the only way for reform and revival in this nation .... cuz at the rate we are going, we will self-destruct, and then what ????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.