I don't guess I will ever grasp the concepts that run thru people's minds about how to treat others. My mom always taught me to be nice to everyone, even if you feel like being mean, show love. That is very hard to do in times when you just wanna rip someone's head off. There are a few people that I would like to have seen turn blue in a few seconds, but when it comes down to it, I could never let that happen ...
I know people are bitter, angry, mad, and sad about things that happen in life. What I have come to realize is that ... some people who are bitter, angry, mad, and sad about what they have been dealt don't realize that they are the number one cause of their pain. In my opinion, it all boils down to how you treat others. Are people responding to you in a not-so-nice fashion? Could it be that they are reacting to you in the way that they perceived how you treated them?
I am usually a person who "reacts" to the way others treat me. I am nice ... to such a horrible fault ... that it usually ends up hurting me in the end. I have this uncanny way of NOT being able to push people way.
Take for example ... one person in my life treated me horrible for years. Our relationship ended ... rather ugly, I would be safe in saying. Treatment of me over the next 2 years was JUST AS HORRIBLE. There was not any reason for it to continue (no reason for it in the first place, but you get the picture) .... and then BAM, just like that, an apology from this person, out of the blue.
The ugly treatment still continued, even after an apology. And you know what I find strange is that even during all this treatment, I felt bad for being ugly back. It isn't how I wanted to be with this person. It wasn't how I ever wanted to be. It would eat at me, I would lose sleep because I felt bad ..... and when I questioned why I was getting the raw treatment, my answer back was basically that I deserved it. I don't think I ever deserved it, but ok .... it's just an opinion.
Then one day ... this person lost one of the most vital things in their life, and guess who was there for them? Yep, me. Why? Cuz my momma raised me better than to NOT be. And they think I am horrible? I don't think so. And ever since that day, which was about the 22nd of April, the treatment I have received has been much much much different. I even went thru a difficult time for about 4 days trying to straighten some things out in my life and this person offered to "be there" for me since I listened to them and all their troubles. Would I call it friends? Truthfully, I would really enjoy that. I see it that way now, but I bet if you were to ask them, you would get a different answer. We talk almost every day ... about a LOT of things and very rarely discuss the issues we had in the past. Maybe that means that those hurdles really are gone and we can all move on ...
It's just strange, I don't know any other treatment from this individual other than treating me (and often telling me) that I am sub-human. It is so nice to be able to laugh in their presence, joke around with them, talk to them face to face when we see each other, call on the phone instead of text (cuz you don't want to hear their voice!) etc .... you know what I mean?
It's just nice. A great weight has been lifted there, even tho I do find it strange and don't understand it very well ....

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.